Go to page
25of 33
  • 9 messages
  • November 25, 2011 13:10
added
prices
November 25, 2011 13:10

Dear collectors,

Can anyone tell me what is the value of a misprint and whether it occurs frequently?

I have the album below, but on some pages only the colors are printed, without black outlines or text.

I also have a "Rob of the Robbers" album that is upside down in the cover.

http://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/ comics / series-heroes / day-and-heidi / 21824-the-black-horse

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 4,319 messages
  • November 25, 2011 14:40
added
prices
info pages

The old paper price is currently 8 to 9 cents per kilo.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,755 messages
  • November 25, 2011 15:27
added
prices
info pages
reviews

There are people who collect misprints but, as the Boekenmagazijn suggests, there are few and the prices are low. So you are not going to get rich from this. We also do not include these types of individual mistakes in the catalog.

Show original message
  • 9 messages
  • November 25, 2011 15:54
added
prices
November 25, 2011 15:54

Now I just find Bakelandt number 4 in the catalog, which is listed as misprint and normal print. And the price varies widely, I think.

http://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/strips/series- heroes / bakelandt / 17352-the-iron-duke

Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • November 25, 2011 16:09

If you look at the prices of the sellers, it is not too bad.
In this case, the Catawiki price simply makes no sense at all.

With misprints it is what the fool gives for it I think it's waste paper myself, comics are not stamps.
But there will undoubtedly be people who think it is special.

Show original message
  • 9 messages
  • November 25, 2011 16:20
added
prices
November 25, 2011 16:20

Okay, I'll just throw it in and we'll see :)

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • November 25, 2011 16:40
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Now I just find Bakelandt nummr 4 in the catalog, which is listed as misprint and normal print.

We only do this because a significant number of them have come into circulation.

Show original message
  • 30 messages
  • February 19, 2012 00:32

Misprints, well one says what a fool gives and thinks it is waste paper because comics are not postage stamps and the other says that we only include them in the catalog because a considerable number of them have come into circulation and another says that these kinds of individual mistakes will therefore not be included in the catalog and there will be quite a few collectors but the prices are low.

So much for an unambiguous opinion on this

Still, I read somewhere on the forum that a 'very reputable and appreciated and praised catawiki shop' regularly had collectors asking for misprints.

In addition, there are also regular topics on this subject (added) because, as can be read, there are very different ideas about it and actually those who do not want to know anything about this have the upper hand, ie the last vote, at least so it seems. . I propose a more 'open' discussion and I therefore have the following comments or suggestions and practical examples:

- What is actually the criterion for whether or not to be included in the catalog and who (ultimately) determines this?

(How many should have come into circulation and who has the numbers?)

- Then why should comics be any different than stamps for misprints?

(N.B. see also above: the most expensive stamp is a misprint and 1 known !?)

- There is even a special (or even 2) catalog (es) for misprints of stamps

(Could that be one of the reasons for the 'rejection', that it is still an unknown area that may need to be further mapped out first?) And (that could also fuel a greater interest)

- But what is a misprint, really, because I think there are a great number of possibilities in this area that could be covered. I would take the special stamp catalog about this as an example, although some (more well-known) misprints are also included in the 'normal' catalog. And then we see a clear picture, the fewer copies of it are (known), the rarer and (automatically) the more expensive.

- Doesn't the saying also read 'unknown is unloved'? and this also does not apply to misprints of comics (and comics), etc. And by the way, misprints are also collected in areas other than comics and, certainly as such, offered (and asked) with associated (high (er)) prices (price levels ).

Practice also shows that there is indeed a market for it and why not an 'open mind' in this case and it will only benefit the (completeness) of the catalog and do not forget that there are very special and are pretty quaint funny strange misprints.

I would like to hear what everyone thinks about this and if white smoke comes out of the (in this case) digital chimney, then I already have a nice number of these misprints that I will then enter on Catawiki, of which a certificate.

Show original message
  • 1,567 messages
  • February 19, 2012 10:51
added
prices
reviews

- What is the criterion for whether or not to be included in the catalog and who (ultimately) determines this?

Ultimately, Rene, as the owner, decides what goes into the catalog. Incidentally, he is advised by his administrators in this regard. In recent years, the frameworks of the sections have been established during the management consultations

This is laid down in a manual for the comics section.

Handbook Comics

As for the misprints ..

The vast majority of misprints are assembly errors (pages in the wrong order, book block upside down, different book block between the covers, etc ...)

These are unique errors that do not apply to the entire run. We do not include these. Only when there is an error in the entire edition do we record the album as a variant. (In most cases, the publisher has withdrawn the circulation, but a number of copies have nevertheless been released.)

Show original message
  • 32 messages
  • February 19, 2012 17:23
added
prices

First, a distinction must be made between a misprint and a binding error. In the past it usually happened at different companies; the printing and bindery. Binding errors are relatively easy to solve and therefore also simulate. A book block of a glued book can be put upside down in the binding by a little handy tinkerer with iron and glue. Smooth ice for inclusion in a catalog or to attach prices to it. Errors at the printer cannot simply be falsified, for example: a color that has disappeared, part of the text upside down (549261), strip order wrong.

I like printing errors more fun and more attractive to discover and collect than all those commercial variations of the same book such as advertising editions and / or various formats (mini, extra large) and binding methods (slip sleeve, velvet) etc. From me printing errors deserve a place in catalogs .

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • February 20, 2012 21:44

I find Film special nr. 6 of junior press Howard the duck catawiki nr 49248 actually a nice example of a misprint as page 35 is in Finnish but one is a normal copy, so a white sheet with the text in between is given in the distribution, which means that most likely no album with the Dutch page there is a kind of exuus from a certain Ans Loos from Juniorpress along the bottom of the page with additional explanation. As I just noticed that this page apparently had not been added by anyone yet, but the mention of it that page 35 was in Finnish plus reference to photo 3 which I did not find and actually have very serious suspicions that actually that album with that attached page earlier it is rare as it has probably been lost as it is loose or has been placed in it. Although it is slightly smaller in size than the album itself. so basically you could say that without that extra page attached this album is an incomplete album and even in new condition it is worth nothing as it is incomplete due to the lack of that page as it was there when it was distributed.

Show original message
  • 1,755 messages
  • February 20, 2012 22:03
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I think you forgot this in your post :-)

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • February 20, 2012 22:30
added
prices
reviews

Peter, sometimes you are too sharp, but fun ... :-))

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • February 20, 2012 22:36

Sorry for the comma's but my keyboard refuses a lot on that key will have to renew it sometime (worn ????).

There are points, because otherwise I have no main letters at the beginning of the sentence.

Possibly a bit confusing because there are no gaps in between.

Seem now, just forget about hitting Enter.

Making everything hang together.

Show original message
  • 1,755 messages
  • February 21, 2012 00:31
added
prices
info pages
reviews

49248 is a misprint, but it is probably also the only common variant. Just too lazy or tight-fisted to fix the error.

But it is indeed a good example of what we do include. A (large part of a) print run that comes onto the market.

Show original message
  • 1,545 messages
  • January 14, 2013 17:24
added
prices
info pages

actually have a question about a completely different kind of misprint.

This one when cutting.

Now I know that if there is a corner away from a book, it will certainly not be Mint condition or near mint condition, but I have N ° 23139 with a corner too much;)

Is it allowed in near mint condition ???????

Show original message
  • 402 messages
  • January 14, 2013 20:18
added
prices
info pages
reviews
A pentagonal album ... that's something else. But it remains a misprint.
Show original message
  • 1,545 messages
  • January 15, 2013 17:59
added
prices
info pages

that's not an answer bad wolf;)

Should I put it under reasonable condition or may it be under almost ns

Show original message
  • 402 messages
  • January 15, 2013 20:06
added
prices
info pages
reviews
As far as I am concerned, it is at most reasonable, but who am I to determine that. In my opinion, misprints are in any case never (near) new condition, even if they have just come off the binding street.
Show original message
  • 752 messages
  • February 23, 2014 20:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Also an opinion fresh from the press but not new ????????

My opinion as a misprint collector more unique than the square bite-sized chunks.

Metalfigures also misdruC collector

Show original message
  • 214 messages
  • October 11, 2014 19:00
added
prices

I have a misprint of item 98985

This is Asterix The Gaul from Hachette.

The following pages are blank: 4,5,8,9,12,13,16.

Now I understand from the foregoing that misprints are not included, have a value of old paper price and the like.

My question in this is whether this is a common misprint because then inclusion in the catalog would be justified.

If not, the item will simply arrive my collection with misprint.

Please answer.

Thank you in advance.

Show original message
  • 800 messages
  • October 11, 2014 21:30
added
prices
info pages

If a misprint is worth nothing, why are plate errors on stamps worth money then and can all be entered, you can see it as a failure and throw it away. I do not think that is worth anything and not to collect.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • October 11, 2014 21:45
added
prices
reviews

@Vision

A bit blunt, isn't it? Collectors simply find misprints on stamps worth a lot of money. That's a fact, whether you like it or not. If you have misprints, give them to me instead of throwing them away.

Show original message
  • 800 messages
  • October 11, 2014 22:21
added
prices
info pages

@ Morits

No Throwing away misprints of comic books is not straightforward, give them to me if you have them. And there are also collectors of misprints in comics and that is also a fact whether you like it or not I know nothing about it. Look, everyone has their own opinion. And your opinion and mine has never really aligned. And don't have any plate errors, if I don't think it's worth collecting, read last post, then I don't have them too, better read friend. And if I already had them then I really wouldn't give them to you. You should not just read that one piece, it is more about the question why the 1 is and the other is not and you say stamps are because there are collectors of them, so again what I mentioned years ago: who determines what a collectible item is ?, the administrator (s) or the person (s) who collects / collects it. I find a good question myself, my answer is the person (s) who collect / collect it.

Show original message
  • 752 messages
  • October 12, 2014 00:18
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@vision

I completely agree with you, but like Arco, there are many islanders and unfortunately also among the administrators who jealously protect a collecting area against the angry LEGAL comic misprints, but do allow the illegal comics

Question for Morits what is an illegal stamp worth?

Answer for Skroets I am aware of the misprint, I even sold it twice and in 2008 for 75.00 euros (not bad for just a "worthless" comic) and a value higher than Catawiki's catalog values.

Show original message
Go to page
25of 33