25of 78
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • August 02, 2012 16:57
added
prices
reviews

In addition to the improvement to 'bulk add' (see my other post), another change has just been made: when adding more expensive items to your shop, it is now mandatory to add one or more of your own photos or scans . This is the third most requested change to our suggestion tool in the Sellers section. Buyers always want to see what the item on offer looks like for more expensive items.

Various amounts were mentioned in previous discussions as the lower limit for this obligation. Especially 50 and 100 euros were mentioned. We have sat down in the middle: from a sale price of 75 euros it is mandatory to add one or two of your own images. Whether it concerns one or two images depends on the category and we look at the number of mandatory images when adding to the catalog. For comics, for example, it is mandatory to add 2 own images (preferably front and back) to items with a retail price of 75 euros or more. For example, 1 image is required for stamps. More of your own images are of course always allowed and only helps to sell it quickly.

For new additions of items of 75 euros or more to your shop, the obligation starts immediately. For existing items of 75 euros or more in shops, there is until the end of the year to add the mandatory images. We will inform the relevant sellers accordingly.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,226 messages
  • August 02, 2012 17:50
added
prices
reviews

Hopefully this has not been done for items with status New, because there it is of course nonsense to post a photo of something that is taken off the shelf and you have been in the store 10 times. New is new. I think you are going to get a lot of shopkeepers over you ...

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,318 messages
  • August 02, 2012 18:52
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hopefully this has not been done for items with status New, because it is of course utter nonsense to post a photo of something that is taken off the shelf and has been in the store 10 times

It is not only about showing the condition of an item, but also whether it is indeed the edition (print) that is indicated. There are often items for sale in first editions that turn out not to be first editions at all.

My requirement could have been a bit stricter. For example, from a lower value and for items with an attachment, it is also mandatory to show this.

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • August 02, 2012 20:21
added
prices
reviews
I applaud this! Amount could have been lower Now with vinyl 3 scans will eventually become mandatory, cover and vinyl are 2 value in 1 item an album with a bad cover can never be mint, but a scratched LP even if the cover is perfect perform the mandatory 3 scan in this section but in
Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • August 03, 2012 21:46
added
prices
reviews
great accelerated obligation 3 scans with LPs and CD's third scan carrier is allowed from yesterday!
Show original message
  • 37 messages
  • August 15, 2012 11:49
added
prices

Agree with Morits. The photo of a new condition is superfluous. All online stores use 1 and the same image for new states, which is more efficient and less burdensome for the computers. A buyer of new strips runs the risk that an attachment will not be included, for example a print or an accountability page. That is not solved with a photo of the front and back.

The new photo arrangement only applies to individual items, I assume, not to combination offers?

Show original message
  • 1,567 messages
  • August 15, 2012 12:42
added
prices
reviews

Agree with Morits. The photo of a new condition is superfluous.

That depends on Tom, would you buy a new condition Piet Pienter / Bert Bibber from 1964 without a photo?

You mean a new condition that has just been released, but true do you draw the line? The current year? 2 years?

Show original message
  • 37 messages
  • August 15, 2012 12:48
added
prices

A new condition RI? Sure! Even if it depends a bit on the price ;-)

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • August 15, 2012 13:56
added
prices
reviews

That's why I think it's absolute rubbish to make this mandatory. It is and will remain a matter between seller and buyer and not a matter that Catawiki should interfere with. The catalog, that is something else ... but we are not talking about that here.

You cannot recognize a reprint with a first edition. If I offer a reprint Bob Evers with a 1st edition and I add a photo, you still cannot see whether it is a reprint, because the reprint details are in the colophon and that is not mandatory ...

Show original message
  • 499 messages
  • August 15, 2012 14:17
added
prices
info pages
reviews

What should you do if you have, for example, 5 pieces on the shelf? Add 5 images for the buyer to choose from or create 5 separate offers?

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 15, 2012 14:52
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Realize for a moment that the limit is 75 Euro (a collector who wants to place his Sus en Wis of 2 Euro in Catawiki must supply 2 images and will receive exactly 0.00000000 Euro in return). to me the amount could have been lower.

Adding images has nothing but advantages, except for the seller who has to spend 2 minutes to scan 2 images. That makes 75x30 = 2250 Euro / hour yield (nice bonus I thought).

And the seller will sell even more (and apparently not everyone realizes that). If you have a nice album for sale and you post clear scans, that will sell itself.
And it saves mess afterwards.

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • August 15, 2012 15:04
added
prices

would like to be able to add more images

just put a combi offer from bommel on it

would have liked to add at least 10 pictures

had a bunch of nice side issues

but unfortunately only 3 could be added

Show original message
  • 4,319 messages
  • August 15, 2012 15:16
added
prices
info pages

If you first add all those "side issues" to the catalog (that Vrij Nederland of May 3, 1986, for example, is not yet in it), then you can combine everything in 1 offer. The photos that you have placed in the catalog will then be added automatically.

If you were to introduce such a lot for the auction, that method would also be mandatory.

PS It is somewhat misleading to include part 0 in the combination, but to state in the text that it is not included.

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • August 15, 2012 15:25
added
prices

I would like to add that free Netherlands

but to introduce every newspaper article a bit exaggerated

are just nice extras

Show original message
  • 37 messages
  • August 15, 2012 17:18
added
prices

Please realize that the limit is 75 Euro (a collector who wants to place his 2 Euro Sus and Wis in Catawiki is obliged to provide 2 images and will receive exactly 0.00000000 Euro in return).
For me, the amount should have been lower.

Yes, to enter an item in the catalog 2 or more photos are perfectly normal. A one-time investment. Five years ago, Catawiki started with the brilliant idea that 1 such catalog item can then easily be placed in a collection, a search list and a store with just a few mouse clicks. Let's not deviate too much from that.

I took a look at my shop. Of the 62 items above 75 euros, 46 are in new condition. Taking pictures of them and uploading them has no added value because they are identical to those in the catalogue.

Take item 2259323 , the box of XIII. It is in 6 shops. What's the point of additional photos?

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • August 15, 2012 17:27
added
prices
reviews

I still don't understand something

Firstly, as soon as an item is offered for sale, I would like to see the obligation that each item is fully and I mean fully allocated in the catalog.

Just to name a few things with postcards, sugar sachets, etc. scan the back, format, dimensions, text, all the things that can simply be removed from an item by default, must be entered.

You cannot place it in your shop before!

Ultimately, you can expect the seller to own the item.

Then you come to the story of Morits, it is ultimately a matter between seller and buyer and that is correct.

But the seller can then refer to the catalog with his item for sale, if necessary he can add that he has completed the item in the catalog.

Which can also be seen through history.

But a second requirement an item must be approved by management.

That, as Morits has already indicated, can be indicated by means of a framework.

The problem naturally comes into play when someone modifies an item, which is indeed difficult! but there has to be a solution for that too.

And of course Scam is right good input, right scans will increase sales

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,318 messages
  • August 15, 2012 17:35
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I took a look at my shop. Of the 62 items above 75 euros, 46 are in new condition. Taking and uploading photos of it has zero added value because they are identical to those in the catalog.

It is not about the immediate added value for you, but for the potential buyer of such an expensive item.

First, you prove with your own photos that you actually have the book. Secondly, with older books that are offered in mint condition, I would like to see that as a buyer using own photos. In the meantime, I have already had to return a reasonable number of purchases, because they simply did not meet the Catawiki standards.

As a seller, I am somewhat double-faced: Almost all my items have their own scans (regardless of the price) that sets me apart from my fellow salespeople. But on the other hand, I am also a collector who buys items and I am very sorry that sellers do not post photos with their items.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 15, 2012 18:44
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I took a look at my shop. Of the 62 items above 75 euros, 46 are in new condition. Taking pictures and uploading them has zero added value because they are identical to those in the catalog.

You are actually sitting there with another discussion: the sale of 'New items'. 'New / Unused' is actually not the same as 'Mint condition'.

If there are 10 items from 2011 for sale at the same price, I first look at the shipping costs AND if someone adds scans / photos that is a plus for me.

When it comes to expensive antique comics, I want to see them anyway, whether or not the seller adds 'New condition' and I want to be the first dealer who blindly buys such items.

As far as I am concerned there may also be a category 'New', but how do you define that.

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • August 15, 2012 18:46
added
prices
reviews

New is new, there is no in between. I think you're going to get a lot of shopkeepers over you...

This is of course nonsense. First of all, a new item can also be entered completely.

And therefore also complete in your shop. And suppose you have 20, you place the item 1x

and you only have to enter the data once.

Say it's in the cellophane you can show a front and back that you don't take an item out of the packaging. no one blames you, but the data you can add complete. Most, especially pros, will already have information about the item, so fill the catalog with that as well.

And that little bit of effort, (and then reaching such a large target group without a significant investment, count your blessings!

As a seller, I'm a bit mixed: Almost all my items have their own scans (regardless of the price) and this sets me apart from my fellow sellers.

And with that distinction you convince the potential customer!

Show original message
  • 245 messages
  • September 18, 2012 11:58
prices

Ok, new condition, fine.

A photo is very important. If I currently see what wrecks of comics are offered under the heading (good / very) good condition, then a photo is essential.

I regularly ask for photos of comics that are for sale. maximum 50% of the cases responded. These are also people who do not take their shop seriously. I also like an offer limited in time to remove the nest pollutants. Of course I don't mean the people who are serious about their shop.

Last year I bought one of those cartoons in a shop. I went to pick him up personally, then bought all the items that man had for sale. Those comics I bought at the time are still for sale on Catawiki.

So, limit offers (and of course I take the necessary cloves) in time.

Greeting ,

Nick

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • September 18, 2012 15:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Unfortunately, I have also encountered the opposite a few times. People who meet the obligation in their shop (often 3 images), but do not bother to fill in the missing images (there is only 1).

Furthermore, it is for example with plates a difficult discussion about the definition of new condition. For example, a while ago I entered a box of Beatles singles, but didn't want to take it out of the foil, because it also had a sticker on it. That is therefore new condition / unused. If I have opened the box, but am very careful with it, I think the condition is new, but not unused.

But just as an aside, if I look at the Explanation Conditions in the record section, then only the explanation of the mint condition is in Dutch. Is that going to be translated as well? After all, I am looking at the Dutch CataWiki.

there is a response to this in maximum 50% of the cases

Yes, unfortunately you will have to live with that, because not every seller is so neat to present his shop as well as possible.

Show original message
  • 402 messages
  • September 18, 2012 23:29
added
prices
info pages
reviews
@ Nick4u: The fact that the items you bought may be on it is probably because the seller does not realize that items only automatically disappear from your shop if they are sold through the shop.
By the way, remember that there are many sellers who find it an easy way to sell their duplicate material. Not all are (semi) traders.
Show original message
  • 245 messages
  • September 19, 2012 08:26
prices

@BigBadWolf. I have also not responded to traders. I only note that many things are sold outside Catawiki and that are still for sale on Catawiki. It is a small effort to delete those items.

Therefore, set a time limit and a simple function to reactivate the deleted (past) objects.

That's my judgment. It is a simple solution to rid Catawiki of ballast. Not to forget, these things also take up server space.

Greetings,

Nick.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • September 19, 2012 09:09
added
prices
reviews

@ Nick4u, it mainly affects less active sellers or somewhat smaller shops. We will periodically ask them to actively check and confirm their shop offer. If they don't, it will expire. I think that will help a lot.

Show original message
  • 245 messages
  • September 19, 2012 11:19
prices

Hello Rene,

that's fine for me. Have bumped into the "Sold" sign at Catawiki several times, including professional sellers. Also be aware that these people take their business to trade fairs and that stock management is then quite cumbersome.

Greetings,

Nick.

Show original message
Go to page
25of 78