25of 33,594
az60
VIP
  • 1,260 messages
  • April 28, 2024 22:45
added
info pages
reviews
my strictly personal opinion (without any administrator hat on) is that it is much simpler to always allow "Series" and "Se-tenant" separately.
Great, then we're done. Proposal accepted.
Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
az60
VIP
  • 1,260 messages
  • April 28, 2024 22:24
added
info pages
reviews
Charles1971
You should also think carefully about how postmarks are collected and therefore which fields are relevant. I have no idea myself. How do you envision that? Is an item postmarked Amsterdam, October 30, 1971 a different item than a postmark Amsterdam, October 31, 1971 and Amsterdam, November 1, 1971 and Amsterdam November 2, 1971 and Amsterdam, November 2, 1972 etc. And is Amsterdam, October 30, 1971 a others stamped as the same date in Rotterdam, The Hague, Utrecht, Vaals, Lutjebroek? And those are only Dutch places. This could then become by far the largest section in LastDodo. Or do you only include a type of stamp once, on the first date the stamp is used? Or do you take a random specimen as a representative of the type (point stamp, round stamp, etc.)? I would like to see many questions answered first before fields are added or removed. In other words, an administrator can do a lot of work here and provide direction.
Show original message
nlae
VIP+
  • 235 messages
  • April 28, 2024 21:50
added
prices
my strictly personal opinion (without any administrator hat on) is that it is much simpler to always allow "Series" and "Se-tenant" separately.

Helv Perfect - Just adjust the manual and I can get started - It must also be clearly stated that the se-tenant is also a series, otherwise everyone will enter combinations.
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,356 messages
  • April 28, 2024 21:12
added
prices
info pages
reviews
The "Stamp" item has been removed.

I have to think about adding new fields in Other in relation to the possible dependency on/from certain objects. If that dependency cannot be properly managed, they will not be added anyway.

There will be no Other stamp section.
It has already been expressed before that in the distant future the possibility of a Philately cluster should be investigated, i.e. above the existing and new philately-related sections. But there are many other problems to solve first.
Show original message
Helv
VIP
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,775 messages
  • April 28, 2024 21:02
added
prices
info pages
reviews
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,356 messages
  • April 28, 2024 20:57
added
prices
info pages
reviews
In these special situations I would choose:
Fortuyn, WSP [Pim] [1948-2002]
With name variation: Pim Fortuijn

Oranje-Nassau, Mabel M.
With name variation: Mabel Wisse Smit
Show original message
  • 206 messages
  • April 28, 2024 20:47
added
prices
reviews
That strictly personal opinion is also in accordance with how I entered the data in Stadspost. Not knowing that, strictly speaking, that was wrong.

In any case, I would like to either remove the exception and for full-series se-tenants always mark only the se-tenant itself as a series, or even better - and that equates to Helv $$$1$$ $ and Raoul62 if I read it correctly - allow a series of separate stamps regardless of any se-tenants that have an independent right to exist.

I happen to have a catalog for Stadspost in which I can check whether stamps were available separately, but that will often be unknown and will only lead to work. Apart from that, you support sales and shortage lists less this way. (What does he actually sell/What am I actually looking for: series or se-tenant?)
Show original message
Helv
VIP
  • 1,775 messages
  • April 28, 2024 20:27
added
prices
info pages
reviews
nlae , portbetaald and Raoul62 my strictly personal opinion (without any administrator hat on) is that it is much easier to always add "Series" and "Se-tenant" separately to stand.

This simplifies the rules of the game and you will never be surprised if you think you are ordering a se-tenant that you will receive a separate set of stamps because you did not look carefully or the shop did not clearly mention it.

Show original message
Helv
VIP
  • 1,775 messages
  • April 28, 2024 20:23
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Jummeke or Collectioneur the stamp of Charles1971 above can be removed (including the entire section):
Stamp
Show original message
Helv
VIP
  • 1,775 messages
  • April 28, 2024 20:19
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Collectioneur can you take a look at the above? May also occur outside the stamp section.
Show original message
  • 4,064 messages
  • April 28, 2024 19:46
added
prices
info pages
reviews
that I have to introduce about 200 new series
I think you misunderstood me...
It would mean the disappearance of several dozen series items. There would be no more.
If there is a se-tenant item (maximum representation with all stamps from the series): NEVER allow a Series item. Even though it is proven that the stamps of that se-tenant were issued separately in sheets.
Is stricter, but clearer.
Anyone who does not feel like placing their own image in their shop with clarification in text can still create a combination offer of the items with separate stamps.
There are not many such situations. And often it is a doubter (I suspect that the stamps were also issued separately in sheets).

The same phenomenon (doubter) sometimes occurs with a stamp with a tab. Can the stamp without a tab be included in the catalog or not... If you do not have a picture of the sheet in which those stamps and tabs are located, you cannot determine whether there is a tab for each stamp or not.
I have had doubters about Burundi for so long. Until suddenly such a skin appeared. Then it was a certainty (there were fewer tabs than stamps in the sheet, so the stamps without tabs could also be included in the catalogue).

Doubters in a catalog are never a good thing. Some people mark them for removal, others undo them again. Welles-nothings, disagreements, arguments and discussions. We already have enough of those ingredients :)
Show original message
  • 4,064 messages
  • April 28, 2024 19:16
added
prices
info pages
reviews
portbetaald
With these trains there is no maximum se-tenant that covers the 'series' load.
A series with all (loose) stamps is permitted.
The two se-tenants, each as a separate item, too.
An item with the 2 se-tenants is not allowed. After all, that is a combination item. And these are not permitted across the entire LD catalog (all sections). A basic principle of LD (completely separate from the stamp section).
But the image(s) of the serial item may consist of separate stamps or se-tenant (parts). The item only has the type 'Series', and not 'se-tenant'.

Also for sale, your own photo or comment about loose versus fixed must exist, otherwise you simply don't know what it is
Yes, or make a combination offer from the individual stamps.
The Series Item is an exceptionally permitted combination item, to assist sellers where useful. But it should not be an excuse to charge extra for the catalog (no matter how minimal).

In principle, maximum se-tenant = all stamps in the series: no series item.
The exceptions are explained in the manual: if those additional stamps - in addition to their appearance in a se-tenant arrangement - are also issued separately (i.e. in sheets with only that stamp).
Removing that exception seems to me to be the purest solution. But I'm just a simple administrator, I have nothing to say (lol).

Show original message
  • 1,813 messages
  • April 28, 2024 19:13
added
prices
reviews
Maybe not for all Jummeke , but for many. Things might be a little more difficult for this one

These will be largely clear, due to the date stamp,

Postmarking [philately]

And for this one it seems clear to me,

By the way, coming back to the FDC in other, why does it say Postage Stamp here, for example?

Clipping - postal stationery can also be related to a stamp. Or, for example, the Golden Postage Stamp .

Show original message
  • 206 messages
  • April 28, 2024 18:47
added
prices
reviews
Still about se-tenant versus series of individual items... I seem to read something different than the definition above, namely:

“If there is a se-tenant that covers the series, we do not want a separate item with the series of individual stamps, but then the se-tenant is also called a series. “

That's all fine, but then I can no longer use that se-tenant/series for my purposes and I fall back on individual stamps. Also for sale, your own photo or comment about loose versus fixed must exist, otherwise you simply don't know what it is

Well... if I can muster up the courage again, I will soon see what this means for me. It seems that this time I will have to go through the entire City Post Catalog in search of series for which the individual stamps do not yet exist but do have a se-tenant and then hang them up and explain those series as duplicates on the se-tenant.

#9857635 is really two strips of 5 stamps in the sheet where it comes out. I don't have that, but I do have the layout. I photoshopped a little space between all the stamps in those two strips so that they virtually became separate stamps. The two se-tenants are listed as separate items; I own both. In my opinion, the serial item can also be removed in this case. No one hangs on it.
Show original message
nlae
VIP+
  • 235 messages
  • April 28, 2024 18:41
added
prices

The alternative is to NEVER allow a serial item with se-tenant. That would be a lot clearer, and could work.
If it MUST change, I will choose that option.

I also choose that option - A se-tenant can be a series, but a series of individual stamps is never a se-tenant - Also much clearer for collectors - For comparison, this has also been chosen by adapting the manual in the field of FDCs - Single stamp separately, pair separately and block of 4 separately - A collector can download his purchase and does not have to adjust the scan himself - I also think that correcting saves the administrators a lot of work - The consequence for me is that I have approximately I have to introduce 200 new series, but I am happy to do so.
Show original message
  • 1,359 messages
  • April 28, 2024 18:33
prices
info pages
reviews
Charles1971 And for all these items are there lists/overviews to determine exactly when something was issued?
This is almost impossible to find anywhere in LD, although it would probably be traceable for Books, Comics and Music as well.
Show original message
  • 1,813 messages
  • April 28, 2024 17:51
added
prices
reviews
If this doesn't work Collectioneur ,

Is there a possibility to add the month and day fields to the other Postmarking [philately] section?

Is there a possibility to add a separate section, Other (Post) Stamp related? All other (postage) stamp related sections can then be added to this, with a day and month field. Maybe other important fields?.

This new section can then consist of, for example,

And I think a few others. It is easier to search for the collector/seller. And the fields can be adjusted specifically for this category. It's just an idea.
Show original message
  • 4,064 messages
  • April 28, 2024 17:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Whoops, I was able to delete them all (some I didn't check 'message', sorry about that portbetaald ).
Show original message
  • 4,064 messages
  • April 28, 2024 17:21
added
prices
info pages
reviews
in NL Stadspost went through all Sheets, Blocks, Series, Se-tenants and Bridge pairs
You have done this again neatly, with a perfect 'DOUBLURE' indication.
Collectioneur can get started with that :)
I might be able to get rid of some of them myself. If there is no one hanging on it and nothing has been reviewed yet (chances are high in the Netherlands).

In the meantime, the finishing touches are also being added in Burundi. It contains a number of 'series' of luxury sheets. 'Luxury sheets' in the shape of a stamp with a lot of sheet edge (and text/images) around it. These are also all added separately, and the combination items may then also disappear.

In this way, the similarity between catalog and manual increases little by little. Fewer 'bad' examples, which are sometimes followed.
And more good examples that can be followed.

Show original message
  • 4,064 messages
  • April 28, 2024 17:06
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Jummeke
The advantage is the same as in the stamp section: you can sort by it.
Now you can't. This is relevant for 'First Day' stamps.
For Tax stamps and Perfins too. They will, one day, get their own section.
Show original message
  • 1,813 messages
  • April 28, 2024 17:01
added
prices
reviews
That's why my question was Jummeke ,
Is there a possibility to add the month and day fields to the other Postmarking [philately] section?

If this is not possible then it stops.
Show original message
  • 1,359 messages
  • April 28, 2024 16:56
prices
info pages
reviews
Charles1971 I didn't say it shouldn't be talked about if it's relevant (I answered you by the way).
But as said in the previous message: If you ask something technical about Other, this will have an impact on Other and not on Stamps. In the whole Other there are >161,000 items to which you need to pointlessly add a month/day to fill in 5,000 postmarks (maybe). And these are fields that you cannot filter on, so where is the added value (except for the “completeness” argument) because it usually concerns stampings on an arbitrary date.
Show original message
  • 4,064 messages
  • April 28, 2024 16:51
added
prices
info pages
reviews
It will probably be flat in my backyard :)

It's a rule/definition that has apparently been in place from the beginning? And I suspect the aim is not to include unnecessary nuisance in the catalog where it is not necessary.
After all, the series is a special exception for the stamp category. An item in which several items are displayed. Where it is not necessary, the serial item will not be allowed.
In a block with 3 stamps, the (maximum) se-tenant and the series contain the same number of stamps. One item can be used for both.

The Series item shows an overview of the possible individual stamps in a series. If the maximum se-tenant contains all stamps of the series, then you also have that overview. Hence double type: series + se-tenant as one item.
Image in the catalog is always first the se-tenant, and then the series separately.
You can perfectly illustrate what you put in your collection or shop with your own image (and/or added textual comments).
You can perfectly include the same item twice in your collection, each time with a different image and specific (different) textual comments each time.
In other words, there is no need for the additional exception item in such a situation.

If it can be demonstrated that the stamps do not only occur in the se-tenant form (e.g. a complete sheet with only such a loose stamp) then the situation is different.
Then, and only in that case, deviations may be made and 2 items (series and se-tenant) may be included in the catalogue.
The stamps can then come either from the sheets (with identical stamps) or from the sheets or blocks with the se-tenant arrangement.
In other words, a series item in an issue where a se-tenant is available containing all stamps of the series is an exception.

It takes some thinking, but once you understand it there is no mysticism about it.
The rule has been around for a long time, and I follow it.
Then there will be something in the manual with an explanation :) :).

The alternative is to NEVER allow a serial item with se-tenant. That would be a lot clearer, and could work.
If it MUST change, I will choose that option.
Then the earth will be round again, I assume.
Show original message
  • 1,359 messages
  • April 28, 2024 16:30
prices
info pages
reviews
portbetaald Loose stamps are no problem, blocks/sheets are also included.
The point in the manual is about the following:
#10081599 is a series, but from the issue you can deduce that this comes from a block, whoever has this can enter the se-tenant as image 2 together with type se-tenant
So #9751625 and #9899769 are series + se-tenant, from the issue you know that it is a sheet, image 2 for the se-tenant and then we have a duplicate.
For #9857635 I can only say what I see, which is the full sheet is not there. The “largest possible” se-tenant is 2 strips of 5 (unless someone can indicate that it is actually 1 strip of 10). The 10 individual stamps as a series are also part of this item.

For your collection, put it in your collection twice and then use your own images or extra comments.
Show original message
  • 1,813 messages
  • April 28, 2024 16:23
added
prices
reviews
Postmarks are in the Other section and not in Stamps. I think you should go to the Other forum and not Stamps.

The fact that stamps with holes (company perforation), tax stamps (tax stamps), canceled, stamp replica, stamp folder, insert card, etc. are classified in other categories Jummeke does not mean that stamps are not allowed to be discussed in the forum ?.

But about Julpost, personal stamps, fantasy land stamps, FDCs, postal stationery, etc. Is this allowed again?
Show original message
Go to page
25of 33,594